About the Program
The Summer Farm Internship is a three-week long program for students over the age of 18 interested in environmental care. This opportunity provides hands-on experience to care for the earth, through service at Redeemer Valley Farm, a ministry of the Sisters of the Redeemer. The internship focuses on service within the local community and the teaching of sustainable growing practices with the option to complete a project of one’s choosing. Interns live together in community sharing meals and prayer throughout the week. We hope volunteers will leave this experience inspired to be change agents and stewards of our shared creation. We accept up to five volunteers in total. APPLY here!
Redeemer Valley Farm is located in Huntingdon Valley, PA and provides individual plots and a large community supported garden. The farm is also home to God’s beautiful creatures, wild and domestic!
For questions, please feel free to contact Lisa Mehalick, Director at LMehalick@holyredeemer.com or call 215-914-4116.
What Will A Volunteer Do?
- Daily Farm Care: planting, weeding, watering, harvesting
- Greenhouse Management
- Farm Markets: coordinating, harvest, set up, sales
- School Garden Assistance
- Animal Care: cleaning, feeding, health maintenance
- Milking Goats and Making Cheese and Soap
- Food Cupboard Liaison: coordinate crop picking and prep for Food Cupboard pickup
Benefits and Cost
The greatest benefit of serving at Redeemer Valley Farm is knowing you are benefiting the earth through sustainable practices and contributing to the common good by sharing your gifts to help provide healthy food for the local community.
Beyond that, benefits for volunteers include:
- An educational, challenging and rewarding experience that allows you to use your gifts and talents for the greater good, build meaningful relationships, and connect with God’s gift of creation.
- Opportunity to implement a project of your choosing to benefit the work of the farm.
- Room & Board
There is no cost involved to participate in the program as we are most grateful for your time and service with us. Monetary donations are graciously accepted to help offset the cost of room and board and any activities that will take place over the course of the three weeks.
- April 1st – Applications due
- Phone or Skype interviews will take place once application, references and reflection questions are received
- May 1st – Acceptance letters released
Internship Dates (tentative, based on applicants availability):
Possible dates include:
- May 24-June 14 OR
- June 21- July 12
Click here if you are ready to apply!